I’ve been using VS Code. Great tool. But it means my tests are running through a command line runner. Essentially I use
dotnet test, which is nice since I am targeting multiple platforms (.Net 4.5, 4.5.2, 4.6 & netcoreapp1.0).
But when I open my test project in Visual Studio, I have 0 tests. Thats zero, none, not a single one.
Turns out, if you want tests to show up in Visual Studio you have to make sure that in your
netcoreapp1.0 needs to be the first framework in the
frameworks section. Otherwise it don’t work right.
netcoreapp1.0 from being the last framework to the first solved all my problems. Now I have tests showing and passing in Visual Studio.